Sunday, March 24, 2013

Night Terrors or the Sixth Sense??

So right now I am on my 5-day weekend (ya-hoo!) and am on my 3rd night off. It has been nice and well-earned. I definitely need this break from work. 

However, I got to witness something I only heard about from my husband. Starting back in October, Bella started having night terrors. Of course, every time she had one I was working....until last night. Now she has only had it about 4 or 5 times, but it sounded frightening when my husband would tell me about it. Well, last night I got to see it first hand and Oh. My. God. Talk about freaky.

I was brushing my teeth in the bathroom when my daughter (and btw she is 5) started whimpering. John immediately went back to comfort her. Then she just started screaming. I ran in; I was standing next to her bed and John was half-lying on her bed. She was staring into the space between us, crying hysterically and saying "I promise!! I promise!!" She literally looked like she was in a trance. I made John move, sat down and grabbed Bella. All of a sudden, she blinked and leaned into me, crying softly this time. So we took her in the bathroom, gave her a quick shower, dressed her, and laid her back down. She was fine by this point and went right to sleep. She's fine now; no remnants of last night lingering. I am still recovering! I can't help thinking of all those horror movies where the bad spirits got the young children. And let's not even think about the fact that the small town we live in is considered one of the most haunted cities in America.

Now maybe my imagination is running away at the moment. But if things start going bump in the night, you can bet I will be moving in with someone across the river. :0

-Liz

1 comment:

  1. Aww, poor Bella. :-( How scary for you and her. I sure hope that never happens again!

    ReplyDelete